In addition to specialized programs for specific grades, there are several other options:
We highly recommend this option any time of year for any and all ages! Children of all ages benefit from unstructured, physical play in the outdoors. Self-guiding allows them to take control of their experience, making them active, self-directed, engaged participants in their learning. Interpretive panels around the Preserve offer stories and insight and a pocket trail-guide is also available. Walking distance is flexible, ranging from 2.5 km to 5 km.
Allow for 2 1/2 hours.
Timing is flexible.
General Programming (walk/ski/bike)
We recommend this option any time of year for any and all ages!
Students explore the Yukon Wildlife Preserve on foot, delving into the adaptations, habitats and other features that make Yukon’s wildlife unique. This active option retains some of the unstructured exploration but adds some more structured activities. We may be able to direct this experience to specific class interests. Walking distance can be adjusted for the age and ability of the group from 2.5 km up to 5 km.
½ day (2 1/2 hour program)
9:00am to 11:30am or 12:00pm to 2:30pm
General Tour (bus)
Students explore the Yukon Wildlife Preserve by bus, delving into the adaptations, habitats and other features that make Yukon’s wildlife unique. We may be able to direct this experience to specific class interests. This option has more elements of traditional, passive, information based tour and is only recommended when 'seeing all the animals' is the objective and limited time rules out the other options.
1 1/2 hour program,
Timing is flexible.
Not recommend during cold weather.
To make a booking call Beth at 456-7400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will need the following information to make a booking:
- What experience and subject matter you are interested in;
- Your school/association;
- Teacher Name(s) (if more than one class is coming, we'll need contacts for each class);
- Email addresses (if different from the standard email@example.com);
- Grade(s) and class sizes:
- Your mode of transportation to and from the Preserve (yellow bus, white 20-24 passenger bus, personal vehicles, etc);
- The dates and times you are interested in;
- Any special needs - especially mobility related disabilities (the more we know the better experience we can provide you).
We also ask that teachers facilitate parents/guardians signing a photo-release waiver for the trip: YWP Photo Waiver - School Program.pdf