Jobs and Internships
Join our Team
In February and March we typically post for summer positions (starting beginning of May) for:
- Widllife Interpreters (guided tours, ticketing and gift shop)
- Wildlife Educators (school programs and summer nature camps)
- Operations Assistants (outdoor labour including fencing and outdoor maintenance)
- Animal Care and Rehabilitation Assistants (feeding, animal care)
We occasionally post at other times of year as positions become available. Please apply on postings as directed.
The Preserve occassionally accepts internships. In the past, most internships were typically 3-6 months and typically focussed on supporting Animal Care and Wildlife Rehabilitation. However, in recent years our capacity to support these internships has become more limited. In order to consider accepting an internship, candidates must:
- Legally be able to work in Canada. For international candidates, that means you must have or be able to obtain a work permit. The rules are specific and the Preserve is not able to assist in this process of obtaining a work permit.
- Be able to provide their own accomodation and transportation. In the past, the Preserve had accomodations on site that were available during summer, unfortunately that is no longer available. We recognize the costs of housing and transporation put a signficant financial burden on potential internships.
If you feel you are confident you can meet these requirements, please reach out to email@example.com with your interest, any requirements that must be met (for example for course credit, etc), and your qualifications.
The Preserve will evaluate requests. For requests that we have the potential to accept, Preserve staff will conduct an interview with the candidate to determine suitability and fit.