There are lots of extra-special opportunities to engage with Yukon’s wildlife at the Preserve! Regular admission applies unless otherwise noted.
Wild Trick or Treat – Saturday October 31st
The animal’s want to celebrate Halloween too! Come dressed in your best and join some Halloween fun.
Our wildy tricky Scavenger Hunt will lead you to a treat, so follow the clues if you dare!
Special animal enrichment feedings at Carnivore Corner:
- Lynx at 11:30am
- Arctic Fox at 1:30pm
- Red Fox at 3:30pm
Warm up by the fire, 11:00am to 4:00pm at Carnivore Corner.
Anlter Ring Toss Activity:
Located at Carnivore Corner.
- Masks for anyone older than 10 years of age are mandatory. They are mandatory at Carnivore Corner for the feedings and bonfire area. We will have masks for free is you forget yours! This is in place to ensure we can provide a warm place to gather – the bonfire and during animal feedings and ensure everyone is safe if not distanced.
- Animal enrichment feedings are restricted to 50 people. This is first come first serve. There will be a line up queue for the feeding. The first 50 people can attend the feeding. We kindly ask that those after the cut off enjoy one of the other activities including the bonfire, activity corner and/or continue on with their walk of the Preserve.
- Scavenger Hunt – clues will be contactless. If you’ve joined in the past you had to touch the clues and turn them over. This year they will be visibly fixed to trees/benches with no requirement to touch /turn them over. Pencils will be handed out one time use. You can keep them or bring them back at the end of your visit where our staff will collect them in a separate bin to be sanitized and used for future events.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the facility and at locations where touch points increase like the Antler Ring toss.
- Of course, there will be candy! Designated staff will be giving candy out via tongs at both the bonfire location and front reception area. There’s lots to go around so we’ll ensure there are treats for everyone!
Other Important Details:
- Animal feeding attendance is restrected to 50 people. See Covid Precautions above.
- Please be prepared to walk allowing about 45 minutes to get to Carnivore Corner from the front entrance. Partaking in the scavenger hunt, plan longer!
- Please note general shuttles will not be provided.
- Guided bus tours are offered at 11m and 2pm but will not coincide with scavenger hunt or animal feedings.
- Regular admission applies.
- Valid up-to-date members are free.
- Memberships are available to purchase in advance online or upon arrival.
- Check-in required