There are lots of extra-special opportunities to engage with Yukon’s wildlife at the Preserve! Regular admission applies unless otherwise noted.
Run Wild, Monday August 17th – Registration opens online Wednesday August 12th!
It’s back! Get ready to run/walk for wildlife! It’s our 9th annual Run Wild fundraiser event for wildlife rehabilitation on Discovery Day, Monday August 17th. All proceeds go towards helping injured and orphaned animals get a second chance at life – be a part of their story.
This year, monies raised will play a very important part in caring for Yukon’s wildlife in need. We have had an extremely busy year for our animal care staff and rehabilitating animals. Run Wild is a 5 km run or walk around our scenic loop, bring your family, bring your friends or come and make some new ones as you help to raise money to continue the care of Yukon’s wildlife.
Important things to know:
- Pre-registration is required -there is no race day registration available.
- Registration opens online August 12th and remains open up to August 16th 11:59pm.
- Race starts are at 10:00am & 11:00am.
- Registration Check-in 30 minutes prior to race heat start times.
- Max 50 participants per heat at 10am & 11am – pre-register for your preferred time!
- Please ensure to show up for your registered heat to ensure we abide by Covid-19 event precautions.
Adults $30 Youth $15 Children under 3 are free. All humans must register! Donations are always welcomed.
Participants will receive:
- Race bib (to keep – thanks to Arctic Star Printing);
- 1 YWP postcard;
- 15% discount on retail merch at the YWP Little Gift Shop – Valid only on August 17th. (P.s. Christmas is only 20 weeks away);
- $5 off coupon for Bean North Coffee Roasting online store;
- Gift Certificate to Coast Mountain Sports Experts;
- Bib draw entry for an exclusive prize package experience at the Preserve valued at $356 (draw will be made August 18th).
We welcome you to share your enthusiasm for this event and its fundraising goal with your friends and family. Encourage them to support your run, ultimately supporting and giving Yukon’s wildlife a second chance at life!
Keep Yukon Wild at Heart ❤