Rent a Kicksled
Kicksleds are a fun, Northern way to explore the Preserve in snowy conditions.
The Preserve’s fleet of 32 kicksleds come in 4 different sizes (for young kids aged 2+ up to adults).
Kicksled rentals are first come, first serve. Reservations are not available at this time.
Terms and Conditions
Kicksleds are for use at the Yukon Wildlife Preserve only and may not be removed from site.
All users of the kicksleds must receive an orientation on appropriate and safe use of kicksleds prior to use.
All users of the kicksleds must complete a waiver of liability:
- Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreement.pdf
- Signature of parent or guardian required for participants under age of 19.
Rental requires completion of a rental agreement:
- Kicksled Rental Agreement.pdf
- Must be 19+ to sign rental agreement.
- Whoever pays for the rental(s) completes a rental agreement and assumes responsibility for the kicksleds on that rental agreement.
Good to Know
Weather at the Preserve can be quite different from downtown. The Preserve does not open when its below -35c.
YWP Weather Station
Cold Weather Policy
We're 30 minutes from Whitehorse. No car? There's options!
Directions and Transportation